Mario Perez Lopez
Public Accountant, Financial Services
Hello... I'm Mario Perez Lopez a Financial Analyst with a solid history of leveraging a robust experience in the financial field...
Mario Perez Lopez's Bio:
Mario Perez Lopez is a Public Accountant - Financial Analyst - Consultant with a solid history of leveraging robust experience in financial institutions and corporations to drive achievement of goals (administrative, financial, informational, operational) through strategic support of overall organizational functions.
· Former Junior - Senior Credit and Corporate Finance Analyst at Bolsa Mexicana de Valores (Mexican Stock Exchange) and Vector Casa de Bolsa (Brokerage - Investment Banking Firm),
· Functional strengths are mostly focused on financial analysis, internal information, external information, financial modeling, Corporate Finance operations and investment analysis special reports.
I’m prepared to be a reliable professional resource on a full time basis via a remote collaboration being ready to consolidate my expertise and scope contributing extensively to achieve the aforementioned goals.
How may I help you?
- Financial Analysis: Mario can plan, structure and write analytical reports either in Spanish or English by selecting and applying the most relevant informational sources in order to deliver detailed reports balancing historical - projected performance proposing preliminary conclusions, problem solving alternatives and recommendations for decision - making processes.
- Financial Modeling: After planning and performing a focused research intended to collect appropriate technical financial - business data and assumptions, Mario can manage and execute complete processes in order to develop, test, adjust and apply financial models whose goal is execute ad-hoc calculations for interpretation and preliminary conclusions needed to prepare written analytical reports focusing on those numerical findings.
- Information Technology: Mario has had a steady and increasingly positive experience in using computer and online based tools by getting actively involved in social and professional networks as well as web design (intermediate) and blogging (Mario owns a bilingual financial blog) in order to network, create new professional contacts and strengthen his online professional image being able to discuss with Spanish and English speaking colleagues about subjects of mutual benefit.
Mario Perez Lopez's Experience:
Mario Perez Lopez - Financial Education at Voluntary ProjectJuly 2007 - Present | Mexico City, Mexico
Currently working on managing and regularly updating an English - Spanish based blog of my authorship • Finance: Research, plan and publish regularly focused comments what Financial Education means in terms of spreading a thorough informational-educational effort intended to help English-Spanish speaking readers to understand basic financial terminology and its scope.
Bilingual Technical Translator at Safetynet Connection LLCMarch 2015 - January 2017 | Mexico City, Mexico
Developed a direct collaboration on a remote basis with Mrs. Angie Rolnik owner of the US based (Phoenix, AZ) company Safetynet Connection LLC • Information: Succeeded in translating from English to Spanish a series of comprehensive training programs for bilingual workers on key safety issues that companies most comply with according to current safety regulations in the US.
Consultant at Mario Perez Lopez - ConsultingFebruary 2002 - June 2014 | Mexico City, Mexico
Developed a variety of engagements intended to analyze, develop and launch computer and web based informational solutions. Key projects were: • Investment Analysis: Developed a informational project for a Law Firm consisting in an Audit full report intended to analyze, quantify and qualify how efficiently a Financial Advisor managed an investment portfolio and created return on investment for a private client. • Information: Advice to Community Treasurer prior to prepare monthly reports about income (community fees) and expenses (general maintenance), • Information Technology: Developed a prospective business website for the entrepreneurial project PyME Consultoria Mexicana http://pymeconsultoriamexicana.yolasite.com, • Information Technology: Developed a Microsoft Excel-based solution focused on assisting small-sized bookstores to migrate, manage and control inventories,
Senior Financial Analyst | Supervisor at Pearson EducationMay 1997 - January 2000 | Naucalpan de Juarez, Mexico
Initially recruited as a senior financial analyst for high-volume operations and subsequently transferred to turn around under-performing Customer Service foreign operations by proposing and developing a coordinated administrative - operational structure. • Administration: Drafted an initial program intended to reorganize Customer Service (CS) foreign operations and create a formal supervisory role in order to support CS Analysts by proposing a better coordination between Pearson US and Pearson Mexico, • Information: Reduced previous informational delays by 25% by communicating regularly with Pearson US Customer Service staff in order to gather shipment information on behalf of major local and Latin American customers • Operations: Directly solved major complaints from several key Mexican and Latin American customers due to shipment delays by acting as an “immediate follow up-response” liaison between Pearson US, Pearson Mexico and CS Analysts, • Analysis: Revamped procedures for overseeing sales teams’ actual performance by analyzing actual sales and operating expenses variances versus budgets reporting findings to Sales divisional Vice-president, • Administration: Contributed to reduce non-authorized expenses by 100% after developing and applying a unified information and control program between Mexican and Latin American Sales Managers in order to comply with corporate policies, • Administration: Reduced internal analysis and accounting delays by 50% after coaching divisional sales representatives to comply consistently with corporate policies when reporting their travel expenses and allowances.
Financial Analyst at LCC Consulting ServicesFebruary 1996 - January 1997 | Mexico City, Mexico
Collaborated with a consulting team to redesign analysis models prior to accepting new business projects intended to advise corporate clients. • Analysis: Identified areas of opportunity in Excel based analysis and forecasting models and proposed changes that resulted in an increase of 5% in new business advisory projects.
Corporate Finance Senior Analyst at Vector (Investment Bank)June 1990 - March 1995 | Mexico City Area, Mexico
Financial Analyst assigned to develop, apply and update internal methodology intended to analyze Financial Statements and present on a thorough basis, corporate credit evaluation reports generating conclusions and initial recommendations prior to approval-refusal corporate credit requests via upper management. • Analysis: Contributed to increase in approximately 20% the number of new financing requests from current and prospective corporate clients via a financial-informational model developed in Excel focused on calculating estimated financial costs. • Analysis: Updated and applied financial evaluation criteria for new financing requests from current and prospective corporate clients presenting initial Approval-Refusal suggestions to upper management contributing to reduce corporate default risk in 30% approximately. • Information: reviewed and strengthened a communication channel via a financial-informational link by acting as "analysis and follow up" direct liaison between the Banking and Securities National Commission, Mexican Stock Exchange, Vector and its corporate clients. • Analysis: Via financial - informational follow up prepared monthly reports and comments evaluating how efficiently corporate clients functioned back then as publicly listed companies via analysis of financial statements, financial ratios, financial covenants and forecasts. • Information: Directly performed complete due diligence paperwork before the Mexican Stock Exchange and the Banking and Securities National Commission (Market Regulator): debt initial public offerings (commercial paper, medium term notes, debentures).
Mario Perez Lopez's Education:
Universidad de Negocios ISEC1978 – 1982Certified Public AccountantConcentration: Accounting, FinanceActivities: ● 2009 / Member - Finance 3.0. Networking Group, ● 2009 / Member - Network Laptro. Networking Group, ● 2009 / Owner: Linkedin based group "Universidad ISEC: Alumno | Ex Alumno | Alumni", ● 2008 - Present / Member - MyVirtualPower Forum. Networking Group, ● 2007 - Present / Owner: LinkedIn based group "Financial Culture".
Mario Perez Lopez's Interests & Activities:
● History, ● Football, ● Blogging, ● Baseball, ● Pets, ● Web Design, ● Social Media, ● Classical Music, ● Financial Literacy, ● Financial Markets, ● Business Leaders, ● Investment Banking, ● Personal | Professional Branding, ● Computer Software